Why Vote for Matthew?
“I will ensure our city is a place that works for our residents by making decisions focused on the people who already live here.” -Matthew
As a city councilmember, Matthew has already rolled up his sleeves to tackle challenges and seize opportunities. Vote Matthew for Mayor and he’ll strive to keep Cle Elum a place we all want to live, work, and raise a family. Matthew is OPPOSED to proposed modifications to the approved Bullfrog UGA Master Site Plan and Development Agreement also known as 47º North.
As your mayor, Matthew will:
- Keep your taxes low by prioritizing spending
- Protect our culture and sense of community
- Encourage affordable housing that fits our community character
- Increase transparency in City Hall
Read more about Matthew’s Priorities by clicking here.
Matthew has been endorsed by:
- The Affordable Housing Council of Central Washington
- Former Washington Attorney General Rob McKenna
- State Representative Alex Ybarra
- County Commissioner Cory Wright
- Cle Elum City Councilmembers Beth Williams & Siw Bay-Hansen
- Cle Elum-Roslyn School Board Members Claire Lucke & Jennifer Simons
See the full list of Matthew’s endorsers by clicking here.
Along with his work on the City Council, Matthew serves on boards and committees to improve our community, including:
- Rotary Club of Upper Kittitas County Board Member (Past Club President & Current Foundation President) – 2019-Present
- Cub Scout Pack 903 Cubmaster – 2021-Present
- Cle Elum Downtown Promotions/Economic Vitality Committees – 2020-Present
- Cle Elum Skatepark Committee – 2021-Present
- Upper Kittitas County Community Recreation Center Project Committee – 2021-Present
- Kittitas County Homelessness & Affordable Housing Committee – 2020-Present
- Kittitas County Consolidated Lodging Tax Committee – 2020-Present
- Association of Washington Cities Nominating Committee – 2022-Present
- Association of Washington Cities Small City Advisory Committee – 2022-Present
- Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce Government Affairs Committee – 2022-Present
- Grand Columbia Council BSA Executive Board – 2019-Present
- Kittitas County Redistricting Advisory Committee – 2022
- Central Washington Homebuilders Government Affairs Committee – 2020
- Cle Elum Planning Commission – 2018-2019